Sunday, March 20, 2011

So Blessed, I Can't Contain It- Two Forty-Six thru Two Fifty-One

"I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge- that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." 
Ephesians 3:16-21


Tuesday, March 15th

246) General overwhelming blessedness- Perhaps this seems a bit redundant calling my general feeling of blessedness as a blessing, but in the past few days I have had such an overwhelming sense of blessedness that I just could not ignore it as anything else. Recognizing how very blessed I am in my everyday, run-of-the-mill life has been an incredible blessing for me. My life may not be anything fabulous. Some might even think it was boring, but to me, it is perfect. The more I have counted my blessings, the more I have recognized the One who has blessed us, and that has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined.


Wednesday, March 16th

247) Right decisions- In a society where traditional, conservative beliefs are often frowned upon and labeled as old-fashioned and narrow-minded, it is a blessing to see people recognize that there is power and joy in following the Lord's commands. So much so that when they see they are not in line with God's will, they will change their plans, without any delay, in order to get right with God.


Thursday, March 17th

248) Another day- There is so much uncertainty in this life and yet so often, we seem to take it for granted that we are not guaranteed another day. Movies like "The Bucket List" and songs like "Live Like You Were Dying" by Tim McGraw remind us that it is often not until old age or an unforeseen illness come upon us that we seriously look at our lives and recognize the blessing of each day and chose to live like each day is a gift. Today was a gift for me, my family and all those who are dear to us and living it out in that knowledge took the ordinary and made it extraordinary. "This is the day which the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24


Friday, March 18th

249) Nurses in the family- You know I turn to my mother and my sister alot with questions and I am certain that to an extent that is absolutely normal given my relationship with them. However I also know that I ask my mom and sister lots of medical questions because they are nurses, and I really don't want to worry unnecessarily but I also don't want to ignore something that might need to be addressed immediately. I know there are other sources I would be able to turn to if it were not for their medical knowledge, but I am so grateful for their knowledge and expertise and am thankful that they never tire of answering my questions.


Saturday, March 19th

250) A little time, a big surprise- Drew came home four hours earlier than I expected. Four hours may not sound like much but after all the time apart that we have just faced and looking at only about twenty four hours together, four hours suddenly becomes a huge amount of time, and with that an incredible, indescribable blessing.


Sunday, March 20th

251) Perspective- Lately I have become far more aware of the amount of space we have in our home. I don't think it feels small; in fact I have always said it was the perfect size. There was just the right amount of space for the furniture we had and therefore I felt no need to buy anything when we moved. However as our daughter gets bigger, she is acquiring more, particularly when it comes to toys. These toys all seem to be bigger in size and there just isn't room for all of them. (At least not in the way I would prefer.) So maybe I'm beginning to feel things are a little cluttered. Then I see all of these commercials for who knows what product, but no matter what the product, the individual or family always lives in this incredible, spacious house. Believe me, I have noticed how spacious they make the houses, at least lately I have. Today though, I realized something. Those commercials are offering something empty because if the cameras were to pull back, you would see that the spacious houses they are depicting only has three walls- if that, and if they are lucky, it may have a ceiling. I have been blessed with four walls for every room in our house and a very solid and sturdy roof which keeps the rain and snow out. So even if our rooms are getting a little more cluttered thanks to our daughter's toys, that isn't so bad.

1 comment:

  1. LOL...you are so right about the TV walls! How very thankful and "blessed" to have 4 walls and a ceiling! You are a blessing to us with your sharing!

    ReplyDelete