Monday, October 4, 2010

Two, Three, Four

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name; Make known His deeds among the peoples. Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; Speak of all His wonders. Glory in His holy name; Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad. Seek the LORD and His strength; Seek His face continually. Remember His wonderful deeds which HE has done, His marvels and the judgments from His mouth." 1 Chronicles 16: 8-12 (New American Standard)



 I don't always expect that I will jot down my thoughts; most times I may just list the blessings for the day because after all, that is the purpose of this whole journal. It's not to focus on me, but on what God is doing in and around me. I pray that through my observation I can be encouraged and hopefully might be able to encourage others along the way. So here we go.

2) Grace. It's hard to start any list of blessing without recognizing one of the greatest gifts. I do not feel I have the words to explain all I feel in regards to God's grace so I will leave that for another time. For now all I will say is this: my debt is great- far greater than anything I will ever know or be able to repay.

3) Technology, specifically in regards to communication. Although I may be quite technologically inept at times- just ask my husband- I am so thankful for the telephone, skype, email, facebook and other ways I have been able to stay in closer contact with my family and friends since we have moved away from all those who are so dear to us. These advancements in communication have made the thought of future military moves much easier to handle.

4) My uncle, aunt and cousins, who also live in Albuquerque. When I agreed to marry a man going into the military, I assumed that meant choosing a life living apart from all our family as it meant giving the choice of where we lived to the government. Yet, amazingly enough, this Army family was stationed at an Air Force base, and not only that, but we were stationed at the Air Force Base in the city where my uncle, aunt and cousins live. I do not consider this a coincidence.  I serve an awesome, loving, compassionate, caring Father in Heaven and He knows my every need and desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment